WSC IS GOING DIGITAL Digitalization of Service Offerings is Imminent
Nassau, Bahamas – WSC is going digital – A move to a more efficient Organization. That means a new approach to its normal way of doing business for staff and customers alike.
In February, the Corporation established a Digitization and Digitalization Project Team, comprised of and led by staff of the corporation to spearhead the move to a fully digital organization. The digitization and digitalization of the Corporation involves the review of all WSC business processes and systems with an aim to eliminate the manual, paper-driven processes, and convert them to digital ones. The expected outcome is an improvement in operational efficiencies and a platform that allows WSC’s customers and suppliers to interact more easily with the organization.
Ease of Doing Business with WSC
WSC currently has available to customers several offerings that enhance the customer experience, these include a Customer Portal which includes Online Account Review & Bill Payment, automatic receipt of bills via the E-notification system, the IVR (Pay by Phone), website upgrade (including E-Forms), and the Corporation’s mobile app, wscMobile, which was first launched in October of 2016.
wscMobile is available for download now at the Google Play and Apple stores, there is also a version for Windows users; Check the app page www.wscmobile.me. From their smartphone, customers can view or pay their bills or submit a complaint, which is immediately posted to WSC’s complaint handling system and processed by staff for execution. The app is functional in all the islands where the Corporation provides service.
By May 1st WSC hopes to launch its procurement portal, which will allow suppliers to manage their vendor accounts and have access to a digital, transparent bidding and procurement. WSC also intends to revamp its current website, re-engineer the new connection application process, and allow for customers to submit new connection, change of ownership and tenancy requests fully online. The month the Corporation will also be implementing a new telephone system; customers should see an improvement in terms of access to the relevant areas.
The Digitalization of WSC will result in greater efficiencies as regard to its internal processes and procedures. This involves the review of how each department across the organization functions, determining what processes can be improved or deemed obsolete through the creation of more efficient work flows. A number of solutions have already been identified and efforts are underway to implement them.
· During the next few weeks, the Corporation is looking to convert the majority of its paper driven processes to digital ones, by moving them online and incorporating the use of digital signatures.
· On March 27th, 2019 the Corporation signed an agreement to adopt a Human Resource Information System (HRIS), which will handle time and attendance, leave, training and performance processes. The HRIS system will also automate the payroll process, which is currently an onerous one at WSC.
· The organization is also working on providing dashboards of departmental and the organization’s key performance indicators (KPIs) so that staff and managers can make informed decisions faster.
· WSC is also looking to improve communications with its employees through the use of digital signage.
· WSC continues to equip its field staff with the ability to open and close work orders in the field, so that work requests can be processed in real-time.
· Additional planned initiatives include inventory barcoding, an upgraded email system, and an Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
All of these initiatives are aimed at improving operational efficiencies and productivity at WSC!
The Corporation continues to make improvements to its operations as it strives to be competitive not just locally but globally as well. The digitization and digitalization initiatives of the Corporation are in keeping with the government’s recent announcement of its push to digitalize the public sector!