STANDARDS & PROCEDURES
Requirements for a New Connection in the owner’s name (Only the owner(s) of the property can apply)
- A. Completed new connection form (all owners have to sign the form)
- B. Passport
- C. National Insurance Card
- D. Proof of ownership:
- – Conveyance (Land papers)
- – Letter from the lawyer addressed to W&S stating the legal owner(s) of the property.
- – Bank letter if there is a mortgage addressed to W&S stating the legal owner(s) of the property.
Requirements for a New Connection in a company/church name
- A. Completed new connection form (have to be signed by two directors/trustees).
- B. Resolution authorizing the two directors/trustees to sign on behalf of the company/church.
- C. Proof of ownership – Conveyance or Letter from attorney or Bank letter addressed to W&S if there is a mortgage.
- D. Articles of Association
- E. Certificate of good standing
*Please note a tenant can apply for a new connection if they can provide a lease agreement that has a contract of five or more years.
Requirements for Change of Ownership
- Complete Application Form
- Provide Copy of Conveyance
- Provide Photo ID (s)
- Provide Copy of NIB Card
How to Qualify for a Leak Rebate
- Consumption due to leak must be more than 40% above average quarterly consumption;
- A Leak Rebates is only granted once per year;
- 50% of the high bill must be paid before a rebate can be posted
- Rebates can cover no more than two quarters;
- A plumber’s report/ letter must be submitted by the specified date or the account may be disconnected for the outstanding amount.
- Rebate will be prepared for accounts whose consumption are back to normal within fifteen (15) working days.
- A leak rebate may be granted when the customer has provided satisfactory evidence that all leaks are repaired and consumption has returned to normal.
- The rebate percentage calculated to be applied to water charges.
- Customers sixty-five (65) or older who receive the senior’s discount and experience a leak, that account will be reduced by the amount of Old Age Pension Discount granted for the same period.
- Leak rebates for a customer receiving OAP Discount are only eligible if they reside in the dwelling home.
- A leak rebate maybe approved in principle only, where there has been a history of poor payments, and it is doubtful that payment will be received.
- When the rebate is due, an adjustment will be prepared and forwarded with supporting documentation for approval.
- Once a payment arrangement has been made with 50% of the balance paid an adjustment will be posted to the account.