CHRISNOR TEST PAGE
The Bahamas Water and Sewerage Corporation (WSC) is under the jurisdiction of the Minister of Works & Urban Development. The Corporation is a wholly owned Government organization, entrusted with managing, maintaining, distributing and developing the water resources of The Bahamas.
The Water and Sewerage Corporation Act of 1976 established the Water and Sewerage Corporation and defines the responsibilities of the Corporation, including but not limited to:
- > Providing water supplies for domestic, business, and other uses;
- > Providing adequate drainage and disposal of sewage and other effluent;
- > Expanding and extending the Commonwealth’s water and sewer systems to all parts of the country;
- > Ensuring and controlling the optimum development and use of the nation’s water resources;
- > Serving as advisor to the Minister responsible for the water and sewerage resources and systems of the nation;
- > Drafting regulations for the responsible Minister’s consideration and approval; and
- > Registering and servicing users of the water and sewerage systems.